Long Life Deuterium Lamp (2000 hour)
Brand : LC Services
LCS Part Number : WA-402
Made in UK
OEM : Waters
OEM Reference Number : WAT080678
Compatible Model(s) : 486
Uses of Deuterium Lamps :
We supply Deuterium Lamps for HPLC and UV-Vis Spectrometers purpose. Apart from that Deuterium Lamps can be used ideally in pharmaceutical companies for testing purpose for:
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS)
- Thin film measurement
- Thin layer chromatography (TLC)
- Laboratory light sources
A deuterium lamp uses a tungsten filament and anode placed on opposite sides of a nickel box structure designed to produce the best output spectrum. Unlike an incandescent bulb, the filament is not the source of light in deuterium lamps. Instead an arc is created from the filament to the anode, a similar process to arc lamps. Because the filament must be very hot before it can operate, it is heated for approximately 20 seconds before use. Because the discharge process produces its own heat, the heater is turned down after discharge begins. Although firing voltages are 300 to 500 volts, once the arc is created voltages drop to around 100 to 200 volts. 
Compatible Model(s) : 486
We list some of the uses that we find amazing when it comes to UV Lamps and can come as a surprise to you.
- Fake Note Detection : Shop Establishments nowadays have been relying more on this use of UV Lamps. Some notes have the capability of reflecting patterns under UV Lamp and hence these lights have been used lately to detect fake currencies where cash transaction volume is high.
- Teeth Whitening : Dentists have been using this application lately a lot for their patients who need a quick solution for teeth whitening. Celebrities around the world have been a fan of this application of UV Lamps. Due to change in lifestyle and less attention towards dental health, this application of quick whitening of the tooth has been one of the innovative application.
- Sterilising of Hospital Equipments : Hospitals use the germicidal application of UV Lamps to clean & sterilise the equipment that is extensively used in operation theatres. Even operation theatres get sterilised using UV Lamps to kill all the harmful bacterias that could be of concern to the patients getting operated.
- Curing Vitamin D Deficiency : This is a debatable application of UV Lamp. Skin disorders get treated with UV Lamp application to accelerate the Vitamin D produced in the human body. Somehow Skin Experts have voiced their opinion saying this application should only be used for a short term.
- Food Sterilisation : Food companies use the sterilisation application of UV lamps to increase shelf life and keep nutritional value intact.
- Laboratory Testing : Reflective nature of UV Lamps has been used extensively in laboratories to get the actual composition of substances. There are various UV lights that operate on various temperatures, frequency & ease of use. We at HTPC excel in giving reliable UV Lamps to laboratories with exceptional service. Visit our product page to know the various type of UV Lamps we supply for laboratory testing.
- Quick Drying of Paints/Inks : In factories where quick drying of paints/inks/coatings is need of the hour without damaging the layer; UV Lamps have been a saviour. Leading UV Lamp manufacturers have now started supplying lamps for this application lately.